Harold Short is Emeritus Professor of King’s College London, where he founded and directed the Centre for Computing in the Humanities (later Department of Digital Humanities) until retirement in 2010. He was involved in the development of three MA programmes: Digital Humanities, Digital Culture and Society and Digital Asset Management, and, with Willard McCarty, of the world's first PhD programme in Digital Humanities, launched in 2005. He also played a lead role as Co-Investigator or Technical Research Director in over 20 large-scale inter-disciplinary research projects.
He is a former Chair of the European Association for Digital Humanities and the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organisations in which he has a continuing role to support the development of digital humanities associations world-wide. He is a general editor of the Routledge series Digital Research in the Arts and Humanities.
Currently he is a Visiting Professorial Fellow at Australian Catholic University in Sydney, where he is co-Director of the Julfa Cemetery Digital Repatriation Project.
Inscriptions of Roman CyrenaicaIRCYR
FAH Department of Classics, FAH Department of Digital Humanities
Mozart and Material CultureMOZARTMC
FAH Department of Music
Clergy of the Church of England Database ProjectCCED
University of Kent, Durham University, FAH Department of History
The AHRC Research Centre for the History and Analysis of Recorded MusicCHARM
University of Cambridge, FAH Department of Music, Royal Holloway, University of London, University of Sheffield
Henry III Fine Rolls
FAH Department of History, FAH Department of Digital Humanities, Canterbury Christ Church University, The National Archives
Inscriptions of AphrodisiasInsAph
FAH Department of Digital Humanities, FAH Department of Classics
Prosopography of the Byzantine WorldPBW
King's College London
Profile of a Doomed Elite: The Structure of English Landed Society in 1066/Prosopography of Anglo-Saxon EnglandPDE/PASE
University of Cambridge, FAH Department of Digital Humanities, FAH Department of History